Our tour takes us next to Lake Naivasha, another Rift Valley lake area which features acacia forest, dormant volcanoes, dramatic gorges and a beautiful freshwater lake. We’ll walk along the shores of this picturesque body of water, a known drinking hole for buffalo, zebra, eland, impala and waterbuck. Look out for hippos as you sail by these massive creatures taking a dip in the lake.
The birdlife is also active here and you can spot eagles, buzzards, weavers, firefinches, pelicans, kingfishers and more than 450 other birdlife species.
6:30 am: Pick up at your city Hotel / Central point in Nairobi and depart for Lake Naivasha.
7:30 am: a brief stop at the Great Rift Valley View Point.
Here you can watch the enthralling Rift valley with its vast vegetation and the sun rays kissing the far and wide stretching mountains in the surrounding. The Great Rift Valley is a wonder of the world stretching from the Middle East passing through East Africa and ends in Mozambique in the South.
08:00 am: Enjoy various activities available at the Lake;
- A visit to Crater Lake Sanctuary
- Boat ride Go on an hour boat ride in this wonderful rift valley lake. The boat ride will take you to see the hundreds of birds in this lake including the diving African fish eagle which dives in the water to catch fish without ever missing. You will also go to the hippo pool and see the hippos as they swim and bleat inside the water while opening their mouths to over 180 degrees.
- Bird / Nature walk
- Crescent Island walking tour – (optional and at an extra cost for boat and entrance fee)
1:00pm: – Simple but delicious lunch by the lakeside while watching the lakes beauty and the birds flying by.
2.30 pm – Swimming at Ol Karia Geothermal Spa – Natural hot water pool.
Located at Naivasha’s Olkaria geothermal power plant which is considered the largest geothermal power plant in Africa.
4:45 pm: Depart for Nairobi & Drop off at the City Center or City Hotel.
- • Transport to/from Nairobi - Town / Hotel pickup and drop-off
- • All entry fees - apart from Crescent Island.
- • Lunch
- • Professional English speaking guide/driver.
- • Boat ride – 01 hour
- Not included
- • Items of a personal nature. – eg drinks
- What to carry:
- • Hat
- • Water
- • Sunscreen and sunhat
- • Sport shoes
- • Comfortable clothes
- • Camera & binoculars
- • Warm fleece or jumper for the evening / early morning
- • swimming costume and a towel